Ebola Outbreak: Sierra Leone lockdown declared "success"
Monday, 22 September 2014 - 10:03
A three-day curfew aimed at containing the Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone has been declared a success by authorities.
The wide-ranging curfew ended at midnight on Sunday (GMT) and will not be extended, authorities said.
Sierra Leone has been one of the countries worst affected by the outbreaks, with more than 550 victims among the 2,600 deaths so far recorded.
Meanwhile, neighbouring Liberia announced a four-fold increase in the number of beds for Ebola patients.
Liberia is the country worst-hit by the epidemic, accounting for more than half the number of total deaths.
The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is the worst ever, the World Health Organisation (WHO) says. The deadly virus is transmitted through sweat, blood and saliva, and there is no proven cure.
22 August 2017 - 8:35 am
22 August 2017 - 8:21 am
21 August 2017 - 8:18 am